In woods we forget things, at the wood edge we tell stories will provide opportunities for three different groups from the community in south Shropshire to spend time in native woodlands, learn real, useful conservation skills, respond to place through poetry, and perform their own new site-specific work.
The three groups involved are from:
- Bishop’s Castle Primary School
- St Mary’s CE Primary School, Bucknell
- The Working Together Group – a Ludlow-based registered charity who provide a focus for people with learning disabilities and their families
These groups are matched, respectively, with woodlands at:
- Brook Vessons, Stiperstones
- Tru Wood, Bucknell
- Brineddin Wood, Chapel Lawn
Poems written on this project are published in a Magazine section here on this blog. We hope you enjoy them!
In woods we forget things, at the wood edge we tell stories was devised and is led by poet and educator Jean Atkin – more about Jean on her website. The project title is an extract from her poem, ’19 Paths Through Rectory Wood’.
The project is funded by the Shropshire Hills AONB Conservation Fund and Shropshire Housing Group.